Fahm al-Qur’an English – Edmonton
Education: 11th grade and up
Able to pay fee online (no other method of fee payment is available on eCampus
- Offered through Moodle, which is a web-based learning management system (LMS)
- Electronic access to audio lectures, resource material and tests
- The student must regularly log in to Moodle using their username and password to access the course resources.
- Each audio lesson includes a) brief Translation and Tafsir of selected verses of each Juz and b) recitation with correct pronunciation and explanation of Prayers and Supplications.
- In order to listen to the Juz audios and do the assignments, it is mandatory to use an English translation of the Holy Qur’an. Any Holy Qur’an translation can be used.
- The Juz assignment is to be submitted within a week of the Juz completion.
- Evaluation is through a) written assignments upon the completion of each Juz and b) written tests based on the memorization and translation of Prayers and Supplications.
The duration for the course is 10 months
30 written open book Juz Assignments – Each Assignment is worth 15 marks
3 Written closed book Prayers and Supplications Tests – Each Test is worth 25 marks
- Audios are available to the student upon enrollment of the course.
- The audio recordings are an Amanah on the student and each student is expected to listen to them at his/her convenience.
- The audio recordings are an Amanah on the student and are not supposed to be shared with anyone.
Students are expected to use an English translation of the Qur’an when listening to the audios. It is advisable to use a Qur’an which has Arabic alongside.
For the Fahm al Qur’an English Course, the teacher uses the following Qur’an English translations in the audios:
The Qur’an- Saheeh International
Al Qur’an- The Guidance for Mankind (The Institute of Islamic Knowledge)
For the Prayers and Supplications Subject, the text and translation is available on http://www.alhudapk.com/audios/dua-invocation.html.
Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded a Fahm al-Qur’an Distance Learning Certificate by Al-Huda Institute of Canada.
- Minimum marks of 80% on Juz assignments.
- Minimum marks of 80 % on Prayers and Supplications tests.